Thursday, April 23, 2009

Anniversary dinner and baby

I do intend to post some pictures but I have to wait for Wade to show me how, so it could be awhile. Last Friday, we went with the Mann family (Robin & Brent, and Marissa & Dade) to Wade's brother's opera, "Falstaff". He was in the chorus. I had slipped my shoes off during the show and afterwards I tried to slip them back on and they wouldn't fit! My feet were all swollen up! It happened again on Sunday too during Stake Conference.

On Saturday night Wade and I went out to dinner for our anniversary. I took some pictures of that night so I will try to post them later. Wade got me some lovely flowers with some of the same types from our wedding. As an anniversary gift, Wade's parents paid for us to go out to a Peruvian restaurant called Andina in downtown Portland. We loved it! The appetizer we first got turned out to be cold when we thought it was warm, and since it had chicken in it, Wade of course would not eat it cuz he doesn't do cold meat. So we asked the waiter if we could try something else and got the other thing we'd considered. It was a beef, raisin, and olive filling in a pastry crust and was absolutely delicious! For our entrees, Wade had the rack of lamb and I had mahi mahi. Mine came with a fried rice with quinoa which was quite tasty. Then we shared a creme brulee trio for dessert-there was blackberry, honey, and vanilla creme brulees, all delicious. So that was a very fun night.

The next day we had stake conference and I kept noticing all these cute little baby girls. I'd been feeling fine before church and all, but I don't know, it just kinda got to me and I started crying during the meeting. So Wade and I went outside for a bit. He is such a good husband and is always so comforting to me. I've been reading this book called "Children with Spina Bifida:A Parents Guide" and have just read about some sad situations and I guess got thinking about things our baby wont' be able to do and stuff. In one of them, there was this little girl at a family reunion, and she was racing toward all the other little kids and the playground in her wheelchair. The mom was watching and saw her little girl slow down as she got closer and then turn around and come back. "Mommy, that playground is not made for me," she said. Of course it just broke the mom's heart and I am sure I will have many of those situations. I know I should try to think of all the things she WILL be able to do, but nevertheless, it's just really hard sometimes dealing with this.

We had a ultrasound and appointment this week on Tuesday and there is not much new. On Wednesday we met with the neurosurgeon. It was not very lengthy. He or the other neurosurgeon at the office will be performing the closing of the spine surgery and putting in the shunt 24-72 hours after the birth. It was mostly just meeting him.

Well, that's all for now!

2 comments:

Luke and Kellie said...

I'm glad you guys got to do what you love to do to for your anniversary- EAT!( :

JenFinWill said...

I can see why that was hard for you at Stake Conference. We love you guys! I guess I need to send more chocolate!